1. Have a high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent before applying to barber college.
2. Be at least 16 and 3/4 years of age.
3. Enroll in a Private Career School that has a barber program licensed by the Oregon Department of Education.
4. Qualify for either a private student loan, FAFSA, specialized private funding or discounts from the school you enroll in.
5. Complete 1350 hours of barbering training hours with a pass grade of 75% in academics and clinic floor services.
6. Pass a proctored final barbering practical exam (75%) along with 3 written exams on Safety and Sanitation, Career Development and Barbering.
7. Study Oregon Administration Rules for Cosmetology, Barbering, Diseases and Disorders and Electricity and Light Therapy for your final State Boards license preparation.
8. Go to the Veterans Building in Salem, Oregon to the Oregon Health Licensing Agency department and pay the fee (under $100) to sit your final State written Barbering board exams.
9. Secure a 75% pass rate in all categories and receive your Barber license.
10. If you’re going to work as an Independent Contractor ensure that you attain your Independent Contractors license and ensure that the barber shop you’re going to work at has a valid Facility license.Apply Now!