A question often asked of us at Johnny Matthew’s is how do you become a Barber in Oregon?
Here we’re going to give you SEVEN easy steps to becoming a Barber in Oregon in 10 months or less!
- Have a GED or High School diploma. (If you have a diploma or GED equivalent from Mexico or another country we can help you with translation and verification).
- Have State Issued Photo ID.
- Let Johnny Matthew’s staff review any previous Barbering Educational Transcripts to see if you have transferable hours that might shorten your stay and reduce your costs.
- Enroll in our program: https://www.johnnymatthews.com/apply-now/ (and pay the $50.00 application fee).
- Schedule a visit and intake tour: https://www.johnnymatthews.com/school-tour/
- Begin the program and start your adventure on the School’s barber shop floor where you’ll learn all the skills and curriculum to prepare you to take the Oregon state board 9-10 months later.
- Acquire state license. Here at Johnny Matthew’s we prepare you for the State Board with snap-shot tests of the most current exams using the same multiple choice platform that enables our Barber students to become familiar and comfortable with the exam testing process. This preparation has resulted in our school having a 100% pass rate for the Oregon state exam in Barbering!
- Oregon written exam will be given in Spanish soon.
- Our Barber classes begin in January, April, July and October.
- Ask us about our Financial Assistance Programs and EasyPay student payment programs.
- Follow steps 1-7 above and you are well on your way to an incredible career in barbering.